The art of writing is the art of appying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair. ~Mary Heaton Vorse



Friday, July 2, 2010

Writerly Snack & My Rough Draft (Story)

I got this quiz off of Myra McEntire's blog

Here are my result:

(As you can see something freaky is going on with my font. So I tried to make this post readable. If you can't read it please please let me know. Thanks)





Annie's Result: Popcorn and Pretzels
on quiz: What Kind of Writerly Snack Are You?

Who: Hipsters and Rebels



When: When you’re spending more time perusing Cracked or
Huffington than writing that thing you’re supposed to be writing. Or searching
for the newest band on the scene so you can be the first to discover – then dump
– them.



Why: Just. Need. To. Munch. Brewer’s yeast, sea salt caramel
and spicy red pepper popcorn for the tragically hip and deluded. Pretzels
because they’re cheap and less common than chips. Plain popcorn eaters may see
their way out, thx.

Quiz MakerTake this quiz & get your result

Wow scary. It's true I go looking for something else to do other then write. I think I'm scare I'm wasting my time. I mean when I look back over my story (big mistake) and I see are the mistakes (what missing [like i need more details) and I worry that my characters are not alive and beliveable)
Here the thing i KNOW I'M NOT WASTING MY TIME. I love creating the story and its part of who I am creating stories. I still have a lot to learn about writing them down. The only way to do that is to write and learn from my mistakes.
Also I have to remind myself what I'm looking over is my very very rough first draft or as I like to call it my long outline lol.
BTW
I plan to write today and I plan to post about the experience (at least post my word count. lol)
~Annie

No comments: