The art of writing is the art of appying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair. ~Mary Heaton Vorse



Friday, June 11, 2010

Book review – Leaving Gee’s Bend


Leaving Gee's Bend
Here’s a story about a little piece of land in Alabama, Gee’s Bend, now called Boykin, Alabama.

It has a slow beginning, but once the main character, Ludelphia Bennett started her journey to Camden in order to save her mama, the pace picked up and story grabbed my interest. At that point I was on the adventure with Lu.
My favorite part is the chapter The Witches of Gee’s Bend.
The ending is worth the slow beginning.
Cover Art: 5 stars
Beginning: 3 stars
Ending: 5 stars
Now I’m wondering what’s next for Irene Latham…another historical? Maybe something contemporary? Whatever she writes next it’s on my reading list.

No comments: